As you may be aware, Metal X and Metal Vault services are being discontinued. But that doesn't mean we have to say Goodbye! You can now transfer supported cryptocurrencies to Proton Wallet via the Convert feature or Metal Pay and continue enjoying the same great features you’ve come to expect from Metal. Keep in mind, you have until May 30th 2021 to withdraw all funds from your account.
This guide will show you how to withdraw your funds to Proton Wallet where you can use the Proton Swap, or Metal Pay, where you can hold crypto through our custodial services or sell it for USD and cash out to your bank account. Proton Swap is one of our latest and greatest additions to the Metal family. You can swap various cryptocurrencies, stake XPR or become a liquidity provider, all at while paying super low trading fees and absolutely no gas fees to worry about!
- You will need to create a Metal Pay account and compete verification. For details, check out this guide.
- To learn more about sending funds from Metal Vault, check out this guide.
Let’s get started
- Create a deposit address in Metal Pay. Follow this guide here.
- Copy the deposit address to your clipboard.
- In Metal X, navigate to withdraw and paste the Metal Pay deposit address you copied in Step 2 into Metal X. ALL of the available assets (except for BSV) in Metal X can be withdrawn to Metal Pay.
- Click on ‘Wallets’ tab
- ‘Withdraw’ is located in the bottom right corner of the page
- For Metal Vault withdrawal directions, see the guide in the Before Starting section above.
- Submit withdrawal.