ERROR Message: "You have insufficient gas to fund this transaction"
it means you do not have enough Ethereum (ETH) in your account to cover the cost of gas.
Each transaction (including token and contract transactions) require gas and that gas is paid in Ethereum (ETH). Gas is the transaction fee in the Ethereum Network.
Solution: You need to buy Ethereum and send it to your Wallet
- Transactions on the Ethereum network require fees in the form of gas. The amount of gas depends on the amount of computation required to complete the transaction.
- Gas Limit is the maximum amount of gas allotted to the transaction, 21000 being sufficient for simple transfers and much higher amounts for transfers to smart contracts like those in Token Sales.
- Insufficient gas in the Gas Limit will result in a failed transaction, the fee paid will be lost, but the ether transferred never leaves the wallet since the blockchain was never updated.
- Gas Price is the price of each gas unit measured in a fractional amount of ether, typically gwei. Gas price varies, but 20-30 gwei is average as of writing this.
- Current Gas Price can be checked online ( Etherscan or EthGasStation ), and the Gas Limit for things other than simple transfers can only be known by looking at the smart contract code or by looking at what the organization behind the Token Sales / smart contract says is appropriate for their smart contract.